<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Hello Librarians. 

It looks like about 95% of my hits today are coming from Jessamyn's place, which means I should probably take a moment to introduce myself.

I'm Steve Lieber, a comic book artist in Portland, Oregon. I'm part of Mercury Studios, which is a big room in a downtown office building that houses a bunch of other comic book artists and illustrators. They're all listed over on the left, except for our newest member, Jeff Parker. (That, for the regular readers, means you should all make wisecracks and tell him what an awful mistake he's made.)

I've been answering "who are you" questions a lot recently, thanks to a an awkwardly-titled textbook about graphic novels I've written for a big publisher. If you're curious about what I do, there's no better place to start than in a couple of chapbook-format comics I illustrated:

Family Reunion is written by Sean Stewart, a World Fantasy Award winner for his novel Galveston. Here's a review. Me and Edith Head is written by Sara Ryan, a librarian and novelist. She's the author of Empress of the World, a YA novel that's earned a bunch of awards, too. Here are links to a bunch of Edith reviews.

If you're willing to risk two dollars on a pair of comics you've never heard of, you can paypal me, and I'll mail them to you. Or if you prefer to deal with an established, professionally-run business, try Mars Import, the online site for a fine independent bookstore, based in Bethesda, Maryland.

Finally, anyone curious about my writing about making comics shouldlook at some of the short essays here.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker