<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Keep that eye interested. 

The Portland Tribune picked up on our show at Floating World and has some art. And that show, by the way is at 20 N.W. Fifth Ave. #101, Call 503-241-0227 for more info. (Special thanks to VJ for reminding us that information like the address of an event can come in handy.)

This is the sort of thing that Jesse blogs about better than I do, but I followed a Journalista link to Austin Kleon's post about "one point" perspective and thought it needed some sort of reply. (And I posted one there as well as here.) I won't quote Austin's post because most of it is images, but just to clarify I think the term he meant to use was “linear perspective” not "one-point perspective." One-point perspective is a type of linear perspective. It’s used when there is only one vanishing point needed to construct an object or a space in a picture.

Obviously when says “death to one point perspective” it’s just fun hyperbole, but I think in rejecting linear perspective, he's throwing out the baby with the bathwater. It’s an extremely useful system for describing basic physical facts in a picture, like the distance between objects or their relative size. And offering readers the illusion of varying degrees of depth throughout the pages of a comic does a lot to keep the eye interested.

What else? Jeff Parker's Walk-In is becoming a sleeper favorite with the people who've found it. Here's a review of the first five issues.

Also Parker-centric: this reviewer declares Marvel Adventures:The Avengers #12 "absolute genius."

Comic-Con has announced that they're "currently talking to the major Hollywood studios and the following films are under consideration for presentations at this year's event."

Alien vs. Predator 2: No Peace On Earth, American Gangster, Babylon A.D., Balls of Fury, Beowulf, The Bourne Ultimatum, Coraline, Fred Claus, Get Smart, The Golden Compass, Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, I Am Legend, The Incredible Hulk, Indiana Jones 4, The Invasion, Iron Man, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, Resident Evil: Extinction, Speed Racer, The Strangers, Stardust, Star Trek, Sunshine, Sweeney Todd, 30 Days of Night, Trick 'r Treat, Wanted, Where the Wild Things Are, White Out

I think that last one is actually this:

This means there might be a big panel promoting the movie at SDCC, which means I'll have to actually stand up, leave my chair in artists alley and cross the floor in the middle of Comicon. I'm... I'm not sure if I'm ready for that.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
I really like Floating World. I think a shop like that might do ok in the Columbia City neighborhood in Seattle. Especially if they featured awesome little art shows.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker