<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 07, 2007

My first comic book. 


My mother threw out most of my comics when I went off to college, but a few years ago when my dad died, I found a brown paper bag in his basement containing a few comics I'd left at his place at some point in my early teens. Among them was this, this first comic I ever owned.



5 year old me seems to have carefully outlined most of the Namor figures throughout the comic in ballpoint, which would make the Marie Severin/Johnny Craig team my first artistic influence. Severin reasserted this influence six or seven years later by sketching me a free drawing at a con in Pittsburgh, which I took home and copied obsessively several hundred times.



So, any of you folks out there remember your first comic?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

eXTReMe Tracker